Since today is Things Vaguely Related to DFW Day on the McNJ tumblr: Yesterday over on New York’s Vulture blog Willa Paskin posited that Leonard, a character from Jeffrey Eugenides’ forthcoming novel The Marriage Plot, is based on David Foster Wallace. And she’s right! And not just because he…
While browsing the Dashboard, in addition to clicking
Kto jump to the next and previous posts, you can now click
Lto like the current post!
The Peace Corps Act - September 22, 1961
On March 1, 1961, President Kennedy signed the executive order establishing the Peace Corps. On September 22, 1961, Congress approved the legislation that formally authorized the Peace Corps. Goals of the Peace Corps included: 1) helping the people of interested countries and areas meet their needs for trained workers; 2) helping promote a better understanding of Americans in countries where volunteers served; and 3) helping promote a better understanding of peoples of other nations on the part of Americans.
ALICIA KEYS VISITS WITH HER CREW. SO SHOULD YOU.
Join Alicia at STICK FLY on Broadway for an intimate post-show conversation.
Alicia will be in the house on
Sunday, February 26 at 7:30pm
BUY NOW and save up to 30%!
go to www.BroadwayOffers.com or call 212-947-8844 and use code SFBX129
BUY 4 and save MORE!
Bring your crew and save up to 40% with a FLY 4 pack!
go to www.BroadwayOffers.com or call 212-947-8844 and use code SFBX4PK
Can I spend the rest of the day looking at slime molds, please?
ATTENTION ILLUSTRATORS AND ANIMATORS!
Now we some more! :oD
Here’s what we need:
- Founding Fathers / Mothers — Thomas Jefferson, Betsy Ross, George Washington, James Madison
- Mobs of Protestor
***Make sure to provide animators with move-able body parts and mouth options. Like this!
- Wall Street scene / Background — maybe include some recognizable Wall Street landmarks like the Bull, or the NYSE building.
- Illustrations of Police behaving badly — cop littering, selling drugs, beating a homeless person, assaulting a peaceable protester with pepper spray at close range, exposing himself to an old lady..
- Illustrations of technology: iPhones, computers, cameras, etc.
- The lyrics of the chorus with a bouncing ball — sing-a-long style. :)
OK, I think this is all for now — this is gonna be awesome! :oD
Contribute to the collaboration HERE
I know that child assault comments directed at Paterno are old hat and may seem predictable and a little cheap. But let’s be clear, here: when given the chance, Joe Paterno failed one of the biggest and yet most basic tests of humanity. This wasn’t a nebulously complex philosophical quandary or a…